Thursday 10 October 2013

Romance #1 - Social Network's Impact

Entry 8

Hm... Okay, here it goes.
Now, as romance has evolved over the years, it has been slowly more corrupting and impure, pardon my selfishness in this blog. So, ever since the rise of the internet age, more and more relationships begin and end faster than they normally should. In this time and age, many inventions have been created to replace human contact, which is one of the primary reasons why relationships start and end more quick than they should. Texting, words that convey messages without any emotion or human contact. Reading someone's text always allows for imagination. For example, if you are angry at someone, you would see his or her texts as purely hostile when they do not actually intend it to be. Similarly, when lovers text, they usually imagine the ideal response and tone that their partner would have given in response with the text their partner sent.

This usually leads to misunderstandings and clouded judgement when thinking about the topic. Thus, many refuse to even think about it. However, I disagree as romantic relationships work best without social networking and mobile devices. Calls are exceptions however, as the sound and tone of the caller's voice would not be misunderstood or clouded. If you are attempting to conquer someone romantically, I strongly suggest you stop obsessively texting and start texting more seldom and maintain more regular face to face interactions instead of cold, heartless and emotionless texting. 

This is simply my speculation. The simple want for ideal and pure romance will never exist, but that does not mean we cannot work towards it and develop ideal ones that can possibly exist today. Initially I believed that pure romance only existed in the past without such devices to replace human contact. I still strongly do, but maybe there is a way for pure romance and the technological age to co-exist and still produce the dramatic ideals of romance. Or is this the end of the road for it? Who knows. Personally, I've had one particular 'relationship' which was almost purely based through text and call. I say 'relationship', because I was constantly unclear of what was happening. Relationships like these that include seldom actual human contact are just purely based on imagination and hopes. The hopes that you might one day actually be together with that person and imagination as if you were in a real relationship. Reality will hit and you'll realize it for yourself. Real relationships with more often face to face contact allows for you to get to know a person and not constantly have clouded imaginations of what that person is really like. 

Sorry that I wasn't in my 'mode'. My 'mode', being my super deep mode where I become all specular and all. My exams recently ended so I did not have much spirit into this, my apologies. Thanks for reading this long and wordy blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment